If you did not get it done take the opportunity just to sit down and do it! It really makes you aware of what is going on around you, .and of your own mindset and how grateful you really are for the relationships and things you have around you! I had people turn in anywhere from 5 to 150+. If it is too time consuming just start a running list and jot down a few everyday! It is a great way to boost your energy level.
What boosts your energy level? Think of the things that boosts your energy and be sure you engage in that activity this week! Call a friend? Walk the stairs? Walk outdoors? Clean the kitchen? Get enough sleep? Write a gratitude list? Write a thank you letter? Take a hike? Plant a garden? Read a book to a child? It is different for everybody and you can combine mental/physical activities to boost your energy level and keep you from dragging! Be aware of what gives you energy and go out there and do it!
Okay...now back to your wellness/health vision! When you begin to think of your goals it is important to build on your strengths, identify your challenges and be aware of your weaknesses. Make some lists of your strengths. Come up with at least 2 times in your life when you were really successful at something. How can that relate and help you to meet your fitness/wellness goals? Think about your own personal character qualities that will help you with this process. If you need some brainstorming ideas, write down your name or just think it in your head when you are driving to work. Try and a name a character quality that really describes you for each letter of your name. If you want.....grab a dictionary and go through and pick a word that really describes you....C....compassionate......etc......using each letter of your name.
Next, think of the challenges that will hinder you on your goals. Think of specific ways that you can overcome those challenges.
Example:
- I am not a morning person.....I hate working out in the morning....I can exercise in the afternoon.
- My feet hurt......I can buy some arch supports or new shoes to make this experience more pleasant and not hurt my feet.
- I have failed at this time and again....now, I have a support system and a systematic method for accomplishing my goals.....I am learning to be specific in what I am doing instead of being vague.
Finally, focus on the positive when looking at your weakness and determine to take baby steps to accomplish your goal. For example, If you have a weakness for chocolate, don't eliminate chocolate completely, as this can set you up for failure. Instead, take a baby step and only buy a rich dark chocolate and have a few squares and share the rest. Don't tempt yourself by having a bunch of junk around the house to eat. Determine to change three foods that you eat per week.
Instead of saying:
- I will not eat fast food this week say I will bring my lunch 3 X this week.
- I will not eat fries with my meal.....I will eat a baked potato with my meal.
- I will not drink coke this week.......I will drink a juice spritizer this week with my meals.
- I will not put cream in my coffee this week.....I will ask for steamed milk in my coffee this week.
- I will not miss my workout this week..... I will make it to bootcamp this week at least 2X and strive for 3X.
- I will not stay in my room when I could go for a swim and a workout when I am traveling........I will take my swim trunks and workout pants and shoes and go into the hotel gym and swim and walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes.
Say what you WILL do not what you WILL NOT day......yes, it is semantics but it makes a huge difference!
Have a great week!

0 comments:
Post a Comment